The Portland Guadalajara Sister City Association is excited to host the student assembly program at our 37th annual Cinco de Mayo Fiesta
To participate in this year’s student assembly, you must:
1. Complete and submit the online registration form.
2. Wait to receive an email confirmation of registration (allow 5-10 business days)
3. Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis. You are not registered until you receive confirmation.
***Assembly is for Pre-K – 6th Grade only.***
The MAXIMUM headcount allowed per school is 125, including all chaperones
For questions, contact Erin Courtenay at email@example.com
- The performance begins at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, May 3rd, 2024, inside the main performance tent at Tom McCall Waterfront Park in downtown Portland and lasts approximately 1 hour.
- Students and chaperones will be sitting on the ground/grass. It is advisable to bring plastic tarps in case we have wet weather.
- Your school may stay to enjoy the rest of the event or leave right after the assembly.
- PGSCA is hosting one student assembly this year as part of the annual Cinco de Mayo Fiesta for elementary to 6th grade students to enjoy. Every attempt will be made to seat the youngest children nearest to the stage. However, this cannot be guaranteed if a school arrives late. Accommodations will be made for physically challenged attendees.
- Teachers and students will be seated on the ground. Dress in casual and warm attire, preferably in pants and athletic shoes, prepared for rain or sun. It is suggested you bring a plastic tarp large enough to seat your class. Groups may NOT reserve spots by leaving tarps and vacating the area. Chairs will not be available.
- You have the option to bring sack lunches for your group (storage is available at the PGSCA booth onsite), OR you may purchase food from the many vendors. If you bring sack lunches, you must bring them in a box or plastic crate with your school name clearly labeled to ensure they are kept together. PGSCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- FREE of charge. PGSCA is proud to sponsor this annual event to promote learning and sharing of the rich Mexican culture with its folklore, dance, and music. ENJOY!